The Focke-Wulf Fw 190 was one of the best airplanes designed during World War II. With over 20,000 units produced from 1941, together with the Messerschmitt Bf 109, it was the Luftwaffe’s most famous fighter. The Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A-8 was equipped with a BMW 801 D-2 two star radial engine, with 14 1,700 Hp cylinders, which allowed it to reach a maximum speed of 653 Km/h. It was heavily armed with 2 MG 131 machine guns and 4 MG 151 20 mm cannons. Production of the A-8 version began in the first months of 1944, characterised with an injection system able to increase engine power, for brief periods, to over 1,900 Hp. From 1944 until May 1945 in all the Focke-Wulf factories, more than 6,500 190 A-8 models were constructed, to face the ever more frequent allied air raids.